Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
What’s better than a big bowl of spaghetti with meat sauce? Knowing you’re getting extra veggies! This delicious comfort food recipe uses spaghetti squash, instead of spaghetti, for a nutritious twist.
- Place the squash halves cut-side down in a casserole dish with water. Microwave on high for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. (Depending on the size of your microwave, you may have to cook in batches, checking for tenderness after 8 minutes.)
- Scrape the flesh with a fork to separate the spaghetti-like strands. Season as desired and keep warm. (You will have about 6 cups of squash.)
- Meanwhile, brown the meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up with a spoon, for about 8 minutes. Drain off any fat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and Italian seasoning. Season as desired. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Reduce the heat to medium. Mix in soup and lemon juice; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Spoon squash into pasta bowl. Spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
- Dont have a microwave? Place the squash cut-side down on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 45 to 55 minutes or until tender. Proceed with the recipe as directed.
- Take care when you scrape the squash out that you protect your hands from the heat by wearing oven mitts or holding the squash with a tea towel.
- If you dont have 1 large spaghetti squash, use 2 small ones instead.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are