Spicy Pork Burgers
Adding salsa to the ground pork keeps the meat extra moist in this delicious burger recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Mix together ground pork, 1/4 cup (60 mL) salsa, chipotles, salt and pepper until combined. Divide into 4 portions and shape into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet set over medium heat; cook burgers for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to oven; cook for 5 minutes. Top each burger with slice of cheese. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until instant-read thermometer reaches 160°F (71°C) when inserted into centre of burger
- Sandwich burgers in buns with remaining salsa, mayonnaise, lettuce, onion and jalapeño slices.
- Change it up by substituting pork with ground turkey, chicken or beef
- This recipe can also be used to create sliders- just portion out to smaller patties before cooking.
- Modify the desired spiciness by removing or adding more chipotles.
Did you make this?
If you like spicy this is a good recipe. 1. My adjustments. deseed the canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce . 2. I omitted the fresh jalapeño pepper, added lettuce, tomato and slivers of red onion.
June P. | January 22, 2019
Was this helpful?(0Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are