Squash Au Gratin
Butternut squash makes a hearty and nutritious substitute for potatoes in this creamy harvest table side dish.
- Stir together the soups, 1 cup of the cheese, garlic, lemon juice, thyme and onion powder in a large bowl. Season as desired. Add the squash and stir until evenly coated. Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 (3-qt) baking dish. Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 25 minutes or until bubbling. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Set the oven to broil. Broil for 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Use old Cheddar, or a combination of equal parts Swiss and Parmesan cheese instead of Gruyere, if you like.
- Try using a combination of two different cans of soup for a flavour twist. Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup, Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Broccoli Soup, Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Cheddar Cheese Soup are all favourites with squash!
- Cant find frozen butternut squash? Cook 7 cups diced fresh butternut squash in a large pot of boiling water until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and let cool. Use as directed.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox