Stout Pot Roast
Our Stout Pot Roast recipe makes the perfect Sunday dinner. With a roast enhanced by the flavours of Stout beer, you'll have a hearty dish and vegetable side that the family will love!
- Rub roast with pepper,oregano and coriander.
- Place heavy bottom ovenproof saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown roast starting with the fat side down,approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove roast from pan,add carrots and onions,and sauté until onions are glossy,about 5 minutes.
- Return roast to pan,add beer and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer,cover,and bake in a 325°F (170°C) oven for 3 hours.
- Arrange vegetables on a serving platter,place sliced roast over vegetables and ladle braising liquid over beef.
- Any dark,malty beer will work wonderfully in this recipe.
- If you don’t have chuck roast on hand feel free to use any well marbled pot roast with a fat cap .
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Beef stock
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox