Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Arrange squash, cut side down, on microwave safe plate. Microwave on high about 10 minutes until tender but still holding its shape. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, brown meat and onions in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up with spoon, about 8 minutes. Drain off any fat. Add garlic and Italian seasoning; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium. Mix in soup and lemon juice; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- When squash is cooked, arrange cut side up in lightly greased 2 qt (1.9 L) baking dish. Spoon soup mixture into wells in squash halves, mounding if necessary. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 10 minutes or until light golden.
- Dont have a microwave? Arrange halved squash, cut side down, in greased 2 qt (1.9 L) baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake at 425°F (190°C) 30 minutes until just tender. Continue with recipe from step 2.
- Substitute Italian pork sausage, casings removed, for the ground beef for a change of pace.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil or parsley, if desired.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
A Great Dinner Meal!
My husband loved this meal. The acorn squash provides a perfect bowl and the ground beef, combined with the roasted red pepper and tomato soup, is very flavorful. Also, it would be very easy to make this recipe a meal for four. Would recommend you give it a try.
Joan C. | October 28, 2018
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox