Sweet Potato Bake
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Rich and creamy celery flavour
•Made with fresh celery, cream and spices for a delicious flavour
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
- 2 lb (908 g) sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) Yukon gold potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery Soup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ginger root, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) salt and pepper, (each)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cook sweet potatoes,Yukon Gold potatoes and squash in a large pot of salted, boiling water until fork tender. Drain well. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Mash until a desired consistency is achieved.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Return empty pot to stove set over medium heat. Add soup, milk, butter, ginger (if using), salt, pepper, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves.
- Cook, stirring, until simmering. Fold in mashed vegetables until just combined. Cool slightly. Stir in beaten egg. Scrape mashed vegetables into buttered 9-inch (2.5 L) square dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
Cut the squash and sweet potato a little larger than the Yukon Gold potatoes so that they all look the same.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||6 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Good Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox