Sweet & Sour Pork
Since this dish is garnished with bell peppers, CAMPBELLS® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup is the perfect sauce base in this pork recipe.
- Cut pork shoulder into 2-centimeter cubes. Combine soy sauce, cooking wine, 1 tsp sugar, and 1tsp corn starch to make the marinade. Stir in cubed pork to coat evenly. Slightly beat egg and add to the mixture of pork and marinade. Let marinate for 30 minutes to up to 2 hours.
- Prepare garnishes. Remove stem and seeds from bell peppers and cut into 3-centimeter diamond pieces. Drain and cut each ring of canned pineapple into 8 pieces.
- Warm up enough oil to 300°F (180°C) for deep frying. Picking up pork using chopsticks or tongs, coat each cube with corn starch. Deep fry the coated pork for 30 seconds and turn to low heat and fry for 2 more minutes until their surface becomes light golden. Remove pork and reserve aside.
- Turn heat to medium-high, and deep fry ginger, scallion, and shallots for 30 seconds. Remove and set aside. Deep fry bell peppers for 30 seconds. Remove and reserve with the aromatics. Turn the heat to high and return the previously fried pork to deep fry for another 1 minute. Remove and reserve with other ingredients.
- Heat up the soup with 1tbsp sugar and white vinegar in a non-stick pan until it boils. Add pork, peppers, aromatics, and pineapple to warm through and coat with sauce.
For a variety of interesting flavours, feel free to substitute sugar with sweeteners such as brown sugar, honey, or agave syrup. The white vinegar can also be substituted with balsamic or cider vinegars. The quantity of these ingredients can vary to taste as well.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are