Sweet and Sour Slow-Cooker Ribs
Products you'll need:
- 4 lb (1.82 kg) pork back ribs, cut between bones into single ribs
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) water
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unseasoned hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Arrange ribs in 6 qt (5.7 L) slow cooker. Drizzle with water. Cover and cook on low, stirring once, for 3 hours or until tender and the meat starts to shrink back from the ends of the bones.
- Drain liquid and fat from slow cooker. Whisk together soup, sugar, vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic. Pour over ribs and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and cook on high 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbling. Stir again to coat.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
- Serve right in your slow cooker for ease! Or, transfer the ribs to a platter and serve the remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
- These ribs make a great party appetizer, or a fun Asian-themed dinner with rice and your favourite steamed vegetables.
- Speed up prep by buying pre-minced ginger and garlic, sold in bottles or tubes, in the produce aisle!
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||1 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox