Sweet and Sour Slow-Cooker Ribs
There is no easier appetizer for your next party than these succulent slow-cooker ribs. To keep them nice and warm on your buffet table, serve them right in the slow cooker, set to the warm setting.
- Arrange ribs in 6 qt (5.7 L) slow cooker. Drizzle with water. Cover and cook on low, stirring once, for 3 hours or until tender and the meat starts to shrink back from the ends of the bones.
- Drain liquid and fat from slow cooker. Whisk together soup, sugar, vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic. Pour over ribs and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and cook on high 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbling. Stir again to coat.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
- Serve right in your slow cooker for ease! Or, transfer the ribs to a platter and serve the remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
- These ribs make a great party appetizer, or a fun Asian-themed dinner with rice and your favourite steamed vegetables.
- Speed up prep by buying pre-minced ginger and garlic, sold in bottles or tubes, in the produce aisle!
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are