Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Bake
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix soup, milk and water together in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1-minute intervals until hot. Add to a 2 qt (2 L) baking dish, stir in rice and chili powder. Spread evenly with vegetables. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with cheese and additional chili powder, if desired. Cover.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place on top of vegetables, sprinkle with additional chili powder, if desired. Top with cheese and cover dish with tin foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes then remove the cover and continue baking for another 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Finish with broiling for 3 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes, stir rice before serving.
- Looking to up your Southwestern food game? Add a side of sour cream, guacamole, salsa and green chiles or sliced jalapenos! Looking to up your comfort food game? Add a side of sour cream and green chiles.
- Try using CAMPBELLS® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Roasted Garlic Chicken Broth instead of water in this recipe, the hit of garlic is the perfect addition to this zesty Southwest recipe.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
It was good with additional items
Took about 2 hours to cook and I doubled the rice and therefore had to add water. I used ontop of original recipe. Heaping teaspoon of taco seasoning, a quarter teaspoon of Slap Your Mama. Added onion , mushrooms. Served with black olives and sour cream.
Virginia W. | December 12, 2017
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox