Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Bake
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix soup, milk and water together in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1-minute intervals until hot. Add to a 2 qt (2 L) baking dish, stir in rice and chili powder. Spread evenly with vegetables. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with cheese and additional chili powder, if desired. Cover.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place on top of vegetables, sprinkle with additional chili powder, if desired. Top with cheese and cover dish with tin foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes then remove the cover and continue baking for another 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Finish with broiling for 3 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes, stir rice before serving.
- Looking to up your Southwestern food game? Add a side of sour cream, guacamole, salsa and green chiles or sliced jalapenos! Looking to up your comfort food game? Add a side of sour cream and green chiles.
- Try using CAMPBELLS® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Roasted Garlic Chicken Broth instead of water in this recipe, the hit of garlic is the perfect addition to this zesty Southwest recipe.
Did you make this?
I made this dish for diner a few night ago, I added lots of mushrooms with the peppers. The dish did not look like the picture but it was still yummy. the kids did not much care for it.
Nicole R. | January 30, 2018
It was good with additional items
Took about 2 hours to cook and I doubled the rice and therefore had to add water. I used ontop of original recipe. Heaping teaspoon of taco seasoning, a quarter teaspoon of Slap Your Mama. Added onion , mushrooms. Served with black olives and sour cream.
Virginia W. | December 12, 2017
Review by Donna-Leigh B.
Very good and tender.
Donna-Leigh B. | September 1, 2016
Review by Marcella
Try adding some finely chopped jalapeno peppers for extra spice;mmmmGood.
Marcella L. | September 1, 2016
Rating by Kelly
This rating was left without a review.
Kelly B. | January 21, 2015
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are