Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Bake
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Made with chicken broth, seasoned chicken and cream
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can low fat (1%) milk
- 3/4 (175 mL) uncooked regular long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 tsp (8 mL) chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) green and red bell pepper strips, chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen whole kernel corn,
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Tex Mex Cheddar cheese (or Cheddar and Monterey Jack mixture)
- Mix soup, milk, rice and chili powder in shallow 2 qt (2 L) baking dish. Spread evenly with vegetables.
- Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with cheese and additional chili powder, if desired. Cover.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender - about 45 minutes. Remove cover and broil until cheese is golden and bubbly - about 3 minutes. Remove chicken and stir rice before serving.
Ratings & Reviews
Review by Carolyn L.
I made this recipe two days ago and was very disappointed with it. I love tex-mex flavours and this is a great combination of those flavours. However, when I read the reviews from others, I added one extra half hour to the cooking time and the chicken was just cooked and the rice still too hard to eat after the extra time. My oven is not the problem here, I have not had difficulty with any other recipe recently. I don't recommend this to anyone unless you can figure out an appropriate cooking time that may soften the rice. It definitely needs over 1-1/2 hours in the oven and then some. Very disappointing. (I submitted this comment yesterday in similar wording and did not receive confirmation of submission and it does not appear on your site).
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
- One serving of vegetables
- Good source of calcium
- Source of fiber
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox