Timesaver Beef & Tomato
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•There's no Campbell's® soup more iconic than the classic tomato
•Our tomatoes are harvested at their peak for maximum flavour
•2 full servings of vegetables since every can is packed with 4 tomatoes
•No artificial colours or flavours
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 2 cups (500 mL) uncooked rotini (spiral) pasta
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped, fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) garlic powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions,without salt. Drain; set aside.
- Brown beef,mushrooms and onion at medium-high heat in large skillet,stirring often.
- Stir in mixture of soup,water,oregano and garlic powder. Heat to a boil,stirring often. Add cooked pasta. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer,covered,until mixture is heated through – about 5 minutes,stirring occasionally. Top with cheese and sprinkle with chopped herbs or cracked black pepper,if desired.
- To change things up,try one of the following recipe twists:
- Spinach and Penne Dinner: Prepare as above,replacing rotini with penne. Omit oregano. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped red pepper or sun dried tomato and 1 pkg (300 g) frozen chopped spinach,thawed (undrained) with soup mixture. Replace shredded cheese with 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese.
- Creamy Mushroom Beef: Prepare as above,replacing rotini with 3 cups (750 mL) uncooked medium egg noodles. Replace Tomato Soup with Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup and replace shredded cheese with 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
- One serving of vegetables
- Good source of calcium
- Source of fiber
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox