Timesaver Beef & Tomato
- Cook pasta according to package directions,without salt. Drain; set aside.
- Brown beef,mushrooms and onion at medium-high heat in large skillet,stirring often.
- Stir in mixture of soup,water,oregano and garlic powder. Heat to a boil,stirring often. Add cooked pasta. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer,covered,until mixture is heated through – about 5 minutes,stirring occasionally. Top with cheese and sprinkle with chopped herbs or cracked black pepper,if desired.
- To change things up,try one of the following recipe twists:
- Spinach and Penne Dinner: Prepare as above,replacing rotini with penne. Omit oregano. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped red pepper or sun dried tomato and 1 pkg (300 g) frozen chopped spinach,thawed (undrained) with soup mixture. Replace shredded cheese with 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese.
- Creamy Mushroom Beef: Prepare as above,replacing rotini with 3 cups (750 mL) uncooked medium egg noodles. Replace Tomato Soup with Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup and replace shredded cheese with 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato Soup
Great one for the family
I make this occasionally for the boys when we are tight for time, or if everyone is eating at a different time and they all love it. I change it up and use Campbell's tomato and basil soup. Adds a bit of depth to the flavour for this meal. I even make individual portions and freeze.
lorna M. | March 10, 2018
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox