Tuscan Bean Soup
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat and sauté leeks and onions for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, broth and reserved bean liquid, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add beans, cabbage, pesto, black pepper and lemon juice, simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Partially puree the soup using a hand blender for 10 seconds to increase the thickness
- Garnish with chopped parsley and cheese.
Instead of using a hand blender you can transfer ¼ of the soup to a blender and puree. Stir pureed soup back into pot and combine.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
Review by Tony S.
I exchanged the pesto for 3/4 tsp. Thyme and 3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning. I don't really like pesto. I also added 1 cup diced celery and 4 cups of sliced spinach. I served this soup to several people who really liked it. T.S.
Tony S. | January 25, 2014
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox