Tuscan Chicken and Penne
- Brown chicken well on all sides in half of heated oil in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil. Add shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar,then soup,water,sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary. Return chicken to skillet. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through,stirring occasionally.
- Combine gently with penne and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Olive oil plays a key role in this easy tossed pasta,imparting a unique buttery,fresh olive flavour accent specific to its type. Olive oils vary with the climate where the olives are grown,olive variety,ripeness and amount of processing. Health benefit: all are trans-fat free.
- Shallots impart a milder,sweeter flavour than onion,with a hint of garlic. Choose firm,dry shallots that are free of sprouts and store them in a cool,dry place,as you would store onions.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
Even better next day!
Made this 2 nights ago with a few changes because of what I had on hand. I used left over rotisserie chicken (250g) and short rotini (5 handfuls raw=4 cooked). I did add a couple of cone shaped bell peppers for color and crunch and a cove of garlic. The soup I used was Cream of Cauliflower. Again, it was that or Cream of Bacon (would be interesting). Prep does take longer than 5 min. Come-on folks ... chop shallots, dice chicken, shred fresh parmesan. Count on 30 minutes. Dinner that night was lovely. The flavours were all there but very mild. Naturally there were left-overs (2 servings). I planned to have at least one the next day served cold. The 1st I added 1 tbsp fresh dried basil hours before serving. Many dishes improve after overnight refrigeration. Tuscan Chicken is definitely one. Time really allows the pasta to absorb the flavours of the balsamic and rosemary. Although I did enjoy this dish the first night, it is absolutely wonderful next day. Tuscan Chicken is too easy and too delicious not to make again!
Ingrid K. | June 21, 2020
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox