Two-Step Crispy Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin
Products you'll need:
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh savory or thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb (681 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered (or halved if small)
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh chives or green onion tops
- In large bowl, combine soup, milk, flour, lemon juice, savory, garlic powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Add Brussels sprouts; toss to coat. Scrape into 2.5 qt (2.35 L) casserole; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 450°F (230°C) for 25 minutes until golden and sprouts are tender-crisp. Sprinkle with chives. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
If you like your Brussels sprouts completely tender, just increase the baking time by about 5 minutes.
Get ahead by pre-trimming and halving the Brussels sprouts and pre-mixing your soup and other sauce ingredients so all you have to do is toss everything together and bake!
Buy the finely shredded Parmesan (or shred your own from a chunk of good-quality Parmesan) rather than use grated for the best flavor.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox