The Ultimate Cheeseburger Soup
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread bun cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside
- Drain all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the fat from the pan and return to medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, crumbling the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat and set aside.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, celery, carrots and cook until tender crisp, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and Worcestershire sauce ; cook one minute more. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in beef broth and cream, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in bay leaves potatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Stir in ground beef, cheese, salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately, garnished with croutons (bun cubes), bacon and green onions.
Top with additional grated cheddar and hot sauce if desired.
Did you make this?
Not worth making
This recipe was one of my least favourite of all. When you have hamburger, bacon and cheese you add tomatoes. Definitely not potatoes, celery, carrots.
Tracey J. | October 14, 2018
Was this helpful?(0Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
Absolutely yummy. I left the soup simmering for an extra 30 minutes.
Genevieve D. | April 4, 2018
Was this helpful?(0Thumbs Up) (1Thumbs Down)
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are