Cranberry Orange Chicken
This festive chicken dinner is loaded with the sweet aromatic flavours of orange and cranberry and is smothered in a light gravy made from Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine. It’s a perfect way to use up leftover cranberry sauce after a holiday meal. A side of rice is the perfect accompaniment to soak up all the lovely sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a shallow dish mix flour, salt and pepper well. Add the chicken, turning to coat with the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat until melted and foamy. Remove the chicken from flour mixture, tapping off any excess, and add to fat in pan; cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add any remaining flour mixture to the pan; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in 1 cup of the broth, cranberry sauce, vinegar, thyme and cloves, scraping up any brown bits. Return chicken to pan; top chicken with orange slices.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).
- Set oven to broil. Uncover and broil chicken 10 minutes or until chicken is light golden and sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring remaining broth and rice to a boil; reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Serve with chicken and sauce.
- Serve with your favourite green vegetables, such as green beans, broccoli or peas.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley for a hit of freshness.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are