Cranberry Orange Chicken
This festive chicken dinner is loaded with the sweet aromatic flavours of orange and cranberry and is smothered in a light gravy made from Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine. It’s a perfect way to use up leftover cranberry sauce after a holiday meal. A side of rice is the perfect accompaniment to soak up all the lovely sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a shallow dish mix flour, salt and pepper well. Add the chicken, turning to coat with the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat until melted and foamy. Remove the chicken from flour mixture, tapping off any excess, and add to fat in pan; cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add any remaining flour mixture to the pan; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in 1 cup of the broth, cranberry sauce, vinegar, thyme and cloves, scraping up any brown bits. Return chicken to pan; top chicken with orange slices.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).
- Set oven to broil. Uncover and broil chicken 10 minutes or until chicken is light golden and sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring remaining broth and rice to a boil; reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Serve with chicken and sauce.
- Serve with your favourite green vegetables, such as green beans, broccoli or peas.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley for a hit of freshness.
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox