Cream of Leek Soup
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Prepared in Canada
- Fat free
- Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic chicken flavor
- Campbell's - #1 selling broth in Canada! VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped leeks, white and light green parts only (about 2 leeks)
- 3 cups (750 mL) peeled and diced russet potatoes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground white pepper
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan,melt butter over medium heat; cook leeks,potatoes,onion,salt and pepper,stirring often,for 10 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- Stir in broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Purée soup,in batches,using a blender or immersion blender until very smooth. Stir in cream; season with salt and pepper to taste. Return to saucepan; heat until simmering. Or,chill for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days and serve cold. Sprinkle with chives before serving.
- Substitute Campbell's Vegetable broth to make this recipe vegetarian.
- Reduce sodium by using Campbell’s® Ready to Use 30% Less Sodium or No Salt Added Chicken Broth.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox