Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
The pasta cooks right in the skillet along with the chicken, mushrooms and the simmering creamy sauce, saving you time and clean-up!
- Sprinkle the chicken with Italian seasoning and season as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are slightly softened.
- Stir in the soup, water and milk; heat to a boil. Stir in the pasta and lemon juice. Reduce the heat to medium. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring often, for 9 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir for 1 to 3 minutes or until the pasta has reached the desired tenderness. Season to taste and sprinkle with extra Parmesan if desired.
- Brighten up this dish with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley or basil.
- You can make this dish with any vegetable you like! Add 2 cups of small broccoli florets or asparagus pieces, a couple of handfuls of baby spinach, 1 or 2 sliced roasted red peppers or ½ cup drained slivered sundried tomatoes into the pan in the last 3 minutes of simmering in step
- When cooking pasta in the sauce, if you find the sauce thickening quickly and the pasta is still firm, just add a couple of tablespoons of water to loosen up the sauce and keep cooking until the desired tenderness is reached. If you find the sauce too runny when the pasta is almost done, just turn up the heat to reduce it down more quickly.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Mushroom Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox