Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
- Sprinkle the chicken with Italian seasoning and season as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are slightly softened.
- Stir in the soup, water and milk; heat to a boil. Stir in the pasta and lemon juice. Reduce the heat to medium. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring often, for 9 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir for 1 to 3 minutes or until the pasta has reached the desired tenderness. Season to taste and sprinkle with extra Parmesan if desired.
- Brighten up this dish with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley or basil.
- You can make this dish with any vegetable you like! Add 2 cups of small broccoli florets or asparagus pieces, a couple of handfuls of baby spinach, 1 or 2 sliced roasted red peppers or ½ cup drained slivered sundried tomatoes into the pan in the last 3 minutes of simmering in step
- When cooking pasta in the sauce, if you find the sauce thickening quickly and the pasta is still firm, just add a couple of tablespoons of water to loosen up the sauce and keep cooking until the desired tenderness is reached. If you find the sauce too runny when the pasta is almost done, just turn up the heat to reduce it down more quickly.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Mushroom Soup
Great Tasting Dinner
Both my husband and I loved this chicken and mushroom pasta. Followed the recipe exactly as written but left the pasta to cook a few minutes extra so that it wasn't too al dente. So easy to make in one large skillet. Very tasty and just enough to have leftovers! A keeper for sure!
Joan C. | September 18, 2019
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox