Creamy Italiano Chicken and Pasta
One of our favourite weeknight chicken pasta recipes, this creamy comfort dish will soon be a family favourite.
Creamy Italiano Chicken and Pasta Ingredients
How to Make Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- Cook rotini according to package directions, without salt. Drain; set aside.
- Heat oil at medium-high heat in large skillet. Saute chicken breasts and cook until browned on all sides,stirring often. Set chicken aside.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until tender. Stir in mixture of cream of mushroom soup, milk,and oregano. Add other vegetables, including peas, green beans, bell peppers; heat to a boil,stirring often. Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and grated cheese; heat through.
- To change things up, try one of the following recipe twists:
Experiment with Cheese TypesYou can add parmesan cheese instead of (or in addition to!) cheddar cheese. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated parmesan cheese.
Add Some Extra FlavourFor some additional flavours, try adding any of the below ingredients:
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh spinach
- Parmesan cheese
Choose a Different Recipe BaseIn addition to other types of pasta like whole wheat, fettuccine, bow-tie and linguine, you can also choose to switch it out for long-grain white rice. Replace rotini with 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked long-grain white rice cooked according to package directions.
Make the Pasta Extra CreamyUse tri-colour rotini. Stir fry 1 cup (250 mL) sliced zucchini and 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced celery with onion; omit other vegetables. Replace shredded cheese with 1/3 cup (75 mL) softened cream cheese,stirring in well.
Include Other SpicesDon't be afraid to spice things up by using crushed red pepper, black pepper, and garlic.
Love creamy pastas?Try our <a href="https://www.cookwithcampbells.ca/recipe/one-pot-chicken-parmesan-pasta/">Parmesan Chicken Penne pasta recipe, and dont forget to check out our classic Creamy Chicken Carbonara!
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox