Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Rich and creamy celery flavour
•Made with fresh celery, cream and spices for a delicious flavour
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Prepared in Canada
- Fat free
- Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic chicken flavor
- Campbell's - #1 selling broth in Canada! VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced garlic
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) nutmeg
- 4 lb (1.82 kg) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 8 medium)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Melt butter in a saucepan set over medium. Add onion, thyme and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in soup, broth, black pepper, nutmeg and salt. Bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, layer one-third of the potatoes, overlapping slightly, in a greased 9x13-inch (3 L) baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup (75 mL) Gruyere cheese and top with one-third of the broth mixture. Repeat the layers twice.
- Press down on the potatoes to make sure they are immersed in liquid. Sprinkle the remaining Gruyere cheese and Parmesan cheese on top. Cover the surface directly with parchment paper then cover the pan with aluminum foil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 60 minutes; remove aluminum foil and parchment paper. Bake for an additional 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese has browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Substitute Cheddar cheese or Gouda for the Gruyere, if desired.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- Excellent source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox