Creamy Stuffed Mushroom Cap Casserole
Stuffed mushrooms; already a crowd pleaser. Stuffed mushrooms baked in a creamy cheese sauce; expect zero leftovers. A crowd favourite appetizer in casserole form, what’s not to love!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Set aside a 9 x 12 casserole dish.
- Using a medium saucepan combine broth, mushroom soup, and rosemary over medium heat, whisk to combine, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, stir in cream cheese, and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour into base of the casserole dish and place mushroom caps, upside-down into the sauce.
- Combine the cooked rice, cranberries, 2 tbsp parsley, and salt in a medium bowl. Use a spoon to fill the mushroom caps with about 2-3 tbsp rice mixture each. Sprinkle any remaining rice in between the mushrooms in the sauce.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once melted add breadcrumbs, and toast for 3-5 minutes, or until golden. Stir in parmesan. Sprinkle over top of the mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until golden and toasted. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package (1 cup rice, 2 cups liquid), try using CAMPBELLS Beef Broth instead of water to add even more flavour to the rice.
- Additionally, you could use any leftover grain or rice dish for your mushroom filling, why not try our Pressure Cooker Barley Mushroom Pilaf.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or chives.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Beef Broth
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed 40% Less Salt Cream of Mushroom Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox