Crispy, Saucy Pan-Fried Noodles & Tofu
Nothing is more satisfying than crispy, saucy noodles! This hearty Asian dish is a crowd pleaser - perfect for your weekday lunch or weekend dinner! It's also vegan and does not require a wok! Quick and easy - this recipe only takes up to 35 minutes to make a dish that serves 4-6.
- In a large bowl mix marinade ingredients together and add tofu mixing well to coat evenly. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Using a large pot, bring enough water to a boil to cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and drizzle with sesame oil to prevent sticking. Set aside covered to keep warm.
- Using a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, sauté the wedges of cabbage in 1 tbsp of olive oil until they begin to brown, about 3 minutes per side. Set aside covered. Add the peppers to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes, set aside with cabbage. Season with salt to taste.
- Strain marinade from tofu into a medium size saucepan and add carton of CAMPBELL'S® Rich & Thick Stock. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Using the same frying pan, next sauté the tofu over medium-high heat until they begin to brown and start to crisp up on edges, about 5 minutes. Set aside with vegetables to keep warm. Add the noodles to the fry pan and sauté to crisp, about 5 minutes. Dont worry if they are not all crispy, you just want to add some crispy texture.
- Transfer noodles to a serving platter, top with tofu, peppers and cabbage. Drizzle everything with the stock and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and Thai basil. Serve immediately to enjoy the crispy noodles.
- This dish works well with any vegetables, change them up to keep things fun! Try broccoli, snap peas, matchstick carrots, bok choy, or your favourite veggies.
- Feeling a bit inspired? You can add some spiciness by adding chili flakes.
- This recipe also works with rice! Stir frying the dish will leave you a recipe that's full of flavour!
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are