Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Products you'll need:
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cream of Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) PACE® Chunky Mild Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) dry instant white rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 each green onion, finely chopped
- Season the chicken as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the peppers, garlic and chili powder. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Stir in the soup, water and salsa; heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender, the liquid is absorbed and the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the green onions.
- Serve with chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
- To save time, cut your peppers and garlic while the chicken is cooking.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||5 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox