Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Season the chicken as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the peppers, garlic and chili powder. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Stir in the soup, water and salsa; heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender, the liquid is absorbed and the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the green onions.
- Serve with chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
- To save time, cut your peppers and garlic while the chicken is cooking.
Recipe Made With
PACE® Chunky Mild Salsa
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cream of Chicken
Made this for dinner tonight. Very tasty! I've made similar dishes, but never would have thought to add the soup. It adds a nice creaminess. I added a sauteed onion, a can of black beans and about a cup of corn niblets. I used about half a pack of taco seasoning in place of the chili powder. I was using long grain rice, so I doubled the water and increased the cooking time to about 30 minutes. I love that it was pretty easy to make and cooked all in one pan. I will definitely make this again!
Tina C. | October 25, 2019
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox