Easy Chicken & Quinoa Skillet Dinner
Products you'll need:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, (about 1 lb/454 g)
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves, or ½ tsp (3 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) each broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side until lightly browned. Transfer to plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in soup, water, quinoa, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring often, until boiling. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally over medium-low heat for 12 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, cauliflower and chicken; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Rinsing the quinoa thoroughly in a fine mesh sieve before adding it to the skillet helps to remove any bitterness.
- Save time by using pre-cut broccoli and cauliflower florets!
- Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the quinoa mixture with salt and black pepper to taste, if you like.
|Amount Per Serving|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fiber
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox