Easy Chicken & Quinoa Skillet Dinner
Products you'll need:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, (about 1 lb/454 g)
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves, or ½ tsp (3 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) each broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side until lightly browned. Transfer to plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in soup, water, quinoa, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring often, until boiling. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally over medium-low heat for 12 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, cauliflower and chicken; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Rinsing the quinoa thoroughly in a fine mesh sieve before adding it to the skillet helps to remove any bitterness.
- Save time by using pre-cut broccoli and cauliflower florets!
- Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the rice mixture with salt and black pepper to taste, if you like.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||5 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox