French Onion Gnocchi Casserole
This fun twist on a classic casserole comes together in just a half hour using caramelized onions, pre-made gnocchi and ooey-gooey Gruyère and mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat broiler. Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, 2 tsp (10 mL) thyme and Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and sugar, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in broth, then gravy; bring to simmer. Cook for 1 minute; add gnocchi, tossing to coat.
- Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining thyme. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Make this in a skillet instead by using a large ovenproof skillet for recipe.
- Substitute rosemary or sage for thyme.
- You can find prepared gnocchi in the fresh pasta aisle of the supermarket.
Recipe Made With
Franco American® Beef Gravy
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Beef Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox