French Onion Gnocchi Casserole
This fun twist on a classic casserole comes together in just a half hour using caramelized onions, pre-made gnocchi and ooey-gooey Gruyère and mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat broiler and grease a 13 x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; cook onions for about 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, 2 tsp (10 mL) thyme, and pepper, cook for another 2 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce and deglaze pan, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in broth, then gravy; bring to simmer. Cook for 1 minute; add gnocchi, tossing to coat.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining thyme. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- If your skillet is ovenproof and large enough, you can skip the baking dish and broil this right in your skillet, be careful when removing from the oven, the handle will be hot.
- Try substituting rosemary or sage for thyme.
- You can find prepared, pre-cooked gnocchi in the fresh pasta aisle of the supermarket.
- If you cannot find prepared gnocchi, use dry gnocchi, follow package directions and boil first
before using in the recipe.
- You can use less cheese depending on your preference, it will still be just as delicious!
Recipe Made With
Franco American® Beef Gravy
Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Beef Broth With Red Wine
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox