Maple Spiced Chicken
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, ½ cup (125 mL) of chicken stock and Montreal chicken spice. Marinate the chicken with this mixture for at least an hour.
- In another small bowl, make the basting liquid by mixing together the maple syrup and the remaining Chicken stock (1/2 cup).
- Place the marinated chicken in a roasting pan, breast side down. Pour the left over marinade on top of the chicken, and place it in a 450°F (230°C) preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until the top of the chicken caramelizes. Lower the temperature of the oven to 350°F (175°C) and further cook for another 55 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F (75°C), continuously basting the chicken with the basting liquid, every 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken around, for the breast side to face up, and baste one last time with the basting liquid and cook for another 10 minutes till the top of the chicken caramelizes, and the internal temperature reaches 185°F (85°C).
- Carve and serve with your favourite sides. If there is any remaining liquid in the roasting pan. Pour it on top of the carved chicken.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Chicken stock
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox