One-Pan Chicken & Rice
Products you'll need:
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) milk
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) long grain white rice or brown rice ( 8 to 10 minute quick-cooking variety)
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle the chicken with oregano and season as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned. Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the soup, water and milk; heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover with a lid, reduce and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Cover the mixture with the spinach. Cook, covered for 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted and the rice is tender. Remove from the heat. Stir to distribute spinach. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Make a One-Skillet Seafood Risotto by replacing the chicken with 1 lb of thawed extra large shrimp and/or scallops, sautéing 5 minutes or until opaque and cooked through. Remove to a plate after sautéing and add back into the skillet with the spinach to prevent overcooking.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
- You can replace the spinach with 2 cups of your favourite frozen veggie.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox