One-Pan Chicken & Rice
You may never make traditional risotto again after trying this quick cheater skillet version using quick-cooking rice. The sauce, chicken and rice all cook together into a creamy, bacon-flavoured one-dish rice skillet in under 30 minutes!
- Sprinkle the chicken with oregano and season as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned. Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the soup, water and milk; heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover with a lid, reduce and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Cover the mixture with the spinach. Cook, covered for 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted and the rice is tender. Remove from the heat. Stir to distribute spinach. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Make a One-Skillet Seafood Risotto by replacing the chicken with 1 lb of thawed extra large shrimp and/or scallops, sautéing 5 minutes or until opaque and cooked through. Remove to a plate after sautéing and add back into the skillet with the spinach to prevent overcooking.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
- You can replace the spinach with 2 cups of your favourite frozen veggie.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox