Mashed Butternut Squash
Replace your regular mashed potatoes with our mashed roasted butternut squash dish! Unlike steaming or boiling the squash, roasting it maintains its distinct flavour. And what about the maple syrup you ask? It helps the butternut squash caramelize and adds a natural sweet flavour.
Mashed Butternut Squash Ingredients
How to Make Mashed Butternut Squash
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl mix together Campbells® Chicken Broth, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, and grated ginger and set aside.
- Place cut or diced squash in a 10 x 14 baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and coriander. Pour chicken broth mixture on top and add the minced garlic and sage. Bake the butternut squash and broth mixture covered for 50 min or until tender and soft.
- 5 min before removing your squash add the chickpeas into the baking dish and warm through.
- Once squash is ready and well roasted, remove sage leaves and place squash and chickpeas in a food processor and blend. Adjust salt to taste and add ground black pepper if desired.
- In a medium size skillet cook chopped bacon until crisp. Add bacon to the mash along with 2 tbs of bacon fat.
- Prepare bacon ahead of time and set aside.
- Top with shredded or grated cheese, such as parmesan or feta!
- Garnish with fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, or cilantro.
- Love butternut squash recipes? Check out our hearty butternut squash soup recipe!
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are