Our Meatball Stew recipe is cozy and satisfying. With pork meatballs, in a flavourful creamy stew, you'll have an option for dinner that the family will love!
- Crumb or cube bread very finely and soak in milk for 5 minutes. In large skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter and sauté shallots until tender. Let cool.
- Transfer to large bowl and add pork, bread and milk, parsley, salt, pepper, all spice and mustard powder. Mix gently with hands, forming into balls about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter. Do not overwork or the meatballs will be tough.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet and, over medium heat; brown meatballs, one layer at a time, on all sides. Place meatballs in medium-size Dutch oven.
- In the same skillet, over medium high heat, pour 1 cup (250 mL) of the broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan; pour this and remaining broth over meatballs. Simmer, partially covered, for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle flour into a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until flour becomes an even mid-caramel colour; cool.
- In jar with tight-fitting lid, shake flour with cold water to make a smooth creamy liquid. Pour this slowly into simmering stock, stirring constantly, so stock will thicken without lumps.
- Simmer stew another 20 minutes to cook down the flour and thicken the sauce. Sprinkle generously with parsley and serve.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Beef Broth
This product can be substituted with
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox