Mini Pork Tourtieres
You’ll want to keep some ground pork and puff pastry on hand in your freezer during the holidays so you can whip up these savoury nibbles at a moment’s notice. With a super easy one-pan filling and pre-rolled puff pastry, these little turnovers are ultra-quick to make, but still have all the flavour of classic tourtiere!
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cook pork, onions and celery well in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat, breaking up with spoon for 8 minutes or until cooked through; drain off fat. Remove from heat.
- Stir in soup, bread crumbs, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cloves, pepper.
- Unroll one sheet of pastry on lightly floured work surface. Cut into 9 squares. Repeat with remaining sheets.
- Mix egg with water. Spoon scant 1 tbsp (15 mL) filling onto centre of one square. Brush edges with egg mixture. Fold over into triangle; pinch seams and press with tines of fork to seal. Repeat with remaining squares and filling. Arrange 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart on large parchment-lined baking sheets. Pierce tops with paring knife to create steam vents.
- Brush with egg. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with chili sauce, ketchup or your favourite chutney for dipping.
- You can substitute pork with lean ground chicken, turkey, or beef if you prefer.
- Make ahead and freeze for added convenience! To freeze, follow first 5 steps as directed. Freeze until sold, transfer frozen tourtieres to airtight containers or large freezer bags. Bake as directed straight from frozen, adding 3 to 5 minutes to baking time.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are