Mini Pork Tourtieres
You’ll want to keep some ground pork and puff pastry on hand in your freezer during the holidays so you can whip up these savoury nibbles at a moment’s notice. With a super easy one-pan filling and pre-rolled puff pastry, these little turnovers are ultra-quick to make, but still have all the flavour of classic tourtiere!
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cook pork, onions and celery well in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat, breaking up with spoon for 8 minutes or until cooked through; drain off fat. Remove from heat.
- Stir in soup, bread crumbs, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cloves, pepper.
- Unroll one sheet of pastry on lightly floured work surface. Cut into 9 squares. Repeat with remaining sheets.
- Mix egg with water. Spoon scant 1 tbsp (15 mL) filling onto centre of one square. Brush edges with egg mixture. Fold over into triangle; pinch seams and press with tines of fork to seal. Repeat with remaining squares and filling. Arrange 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart on large parchment-lined baking sheets. Pierce tops with paring knife to create steam vents.
- Brush with egg. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with chili sauce, ketchup or your favourite chutney for dipping.
- You can substitute pork with lean ground chicken, turkey, or beef if you prefer.
- Make ahead and freeze for added convenience! To freeze, follow first 5 steps as directed. Freeze until sold, transfer frozen tourtieres to airtight containers or large freezer bags. Bake as directed straight from frozen, adding 3 to 5 minutes to baking time.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cream of Mushroom and Garlic Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox