Mujaddara with Cauliflower
This twist on a classic Lebanese rice and lentil dish has cauliflower added and is perfect for every day but can be dressed up for your holiday table by adding toasted peanuts, pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of plain yogurt.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over low heat. When the oil simmers, add the shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until golden and crisp, about 30 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside on paper towel-lined plate.
- In same skillet, cook cauliflower until golden, about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium high heat, bring broth to boil; stir in lentils. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, then add the rice and half the cooked shallots. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, covered, over very low heat until the lentils and rice are tender, about 20 minutes more. Remove from the heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked cauliflower from step 2 and any bits from the pan with the cilantro.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, topped with the other half of the crispy shallots and any desired garnishes.
- Substitute an equal amount of brown rice for the white rice and add 10 minutes to the cooking time.
- If you like, instead of CAMPBELLS® Mushroom Broth, try CAMPBELLS® Chicken Broth or CAMPBELLS® Vegetable Broth.
- Some delicious toppings you can include are yogurt, pine nuts, or pomegranate seeds.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are