- Heat 2 tbsp oil in heavy bottom sauce pot over medium heat and sauté mushrooms,about 4-6 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil and sauté onion until soft,1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add rice and stir to coat with oil,add wine and cook until wine is absorbed.
- Add stock ¼ cup at a time,stirring frequently,adding more as it is absorbed by the rice until all the stock is absorbed; about 30-35 minutes over medium heat. Rice should be creamy in appearance,firm,but not crunchy.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese,then stir in parsley,mushrooms and spinach. Serve immediately.
- Try experimenting with different greens in this dish like curly endive or swiss chard.
- If you are feeling really adventurous,spread the risotto onto a baking sheet and allow it to cool. Then form the risotto into puck like patties and fry them. Use these as the starch component of a larger dish.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Chicken stock
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox