Southwest Vegetable and Rice Skillet
If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner then look no further! This Southwest vegetable and rice skillet is quick and easy to make and packed full of flavour. It’s a great dish that the whole family will enjoy!
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions in Olive oil until soft, then add diced red bell pepper and cook for one minute.
- Add rice, salsa, vegetable broth, chili powder and black beans to skillet and stir on high for one minute.
- Cover skillet with a lid until it comes to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove skillet from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir mixture one last time before topping with shredded cheese. Once the cheese has been added cover skillet with led for a minute or two until the cheese has melted. Once the cheese has melted dinner is ready to be served!
- Swap out red bell pepper for whatever pepper you prefer (green, yellow or orange) for a different flavour.
- You can substitute white rice for brown if you adjust your cook time.
Recipe Made With
PACE® Chunky Mild Salsa
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
Did you make this?
Quick and easy to make!
Very straightforward recipe. I substituted brown rice for white rice so I let it simmer for 22 minutes instead of 15. Ate it with a bit of sour cream. Delicious!
Kristen T. | January 26, 2020
Was this helpful?(0Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are