One-Pan Chorizo and Rice Skillet
Our Chorizo and Rice Skillet recipe is packed with smoky depth of flavour and lots of fresh vegetables. Try this as a weeknight easy, but special take on Friday night date night dinner.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet set over medium-high heat. Brown sausage and onion, stirring often, for 8 minutes; drain fat.
- Stir in peppers. Cook for 3 minutes, until vegetables are just beginning to soften.
- Stir in rice, water and salsa. Cover and simmer 5 minutes until sausage is cooked through, vegetables are tender-crisp and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Add beans and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro.
- This easy skillet is a great way to use up whatever vegetables you have on hand. If you like, substitute 2 cups (500 mL) of any chopped or sliced raw vegetables you like for the peppers, such as broccoli florets, carrots, zucchini, green beans or asparagus.
- You can substitute chorizo with any Italian sausage.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are