One-Pan Chorizo and Rice Skillet
Our Chorizo and Rice Skillet recipe is packed with smoky depth of flavour and lots of fresh vegetables. Try this as a weeknight easy, but special take on Friday night date night dinner.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet set over medium-high heat. Brown sausage and onion, stirring often, for 8 minutes; drain fat.
- Stir in peppers. Cook for 3 minutes, until vegetables are just beginning to soften.
- Stir in rice, water and salsa. Cover and simmer 5 minutes until sausage is cooked through, vegetables are tender-crisp and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Add beans and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro.
- This easy skillet is a great way to use up whatever vegetables you have on hand. If you like, substitute 2 cups (500 mL) of any chopped or sliced raw vegetables you like for the peppers, such as broccoli florets, carrots, zucchini, green beans or asparagus.
- You can substitute chorizo with any Italian sausage.
Recipe Made With
PACE® Chunky Mild Salsa
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox