One-Pan Fajita Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 3 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Add, onions, garlic and chili powder to pan; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add broth and rice; cover with tightly fitting lid.
- Cook over medium low heat 10 minutes. Stir in peppers; cook 2 minutes.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook 3 minutes, or until rice is tender and all of the broth has been absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, 2 minutes.
- Top with any favourite fajita toppings, such as PACE® Salsa, fresh cilantro, diced avocado and sour cream.
- Vary the veggies any way you like! You can swap the peppers with whatever you have on hand.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Delish with some modifications
Loved this recipe! Modifications: seasoned chicken with s&p used a FULL package of Chili seasoning Substituted seeded zucchini for green/red pep (Still used the yellow pepper) 1 Sliced seeded jalapeño pepper Used brown long grain rice It was still really watery after 10 mins and rice was still pretty hard, total took about 25 mins on the stove. Overall, it was a hit!
Nina Z. | July 15, 2020
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox