One-Pan Fajita Chicken and Rice Skillet
Products you'll need:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil or vegetable oil
- 4 lb (1.82 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) long grain white rice
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper or yellow pepper, sliced
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 3 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Add, onions, garlic and chili powder to pan; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add broth and rice; cover with tightly fitting lid.
- Cook over medium low heat 10 minutes. Stir in peppers; cook 2 minutes.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook 3 minutes, or until rice is tender and all of the broth has been absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, 2 minutes.
- Top with any favourite fajita toppings, such as PACE® Salsa, fresh cilantro, diced avocado and sour cream.
- Vary the veggies any way you like! You can swap the peppers with whatever you have on hand.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox