One-Pan Sausage & Pepper Rice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Brown sausage and onion, stirring often, for 5 minutes until sausage is no longer pink; drain fat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in soup and water. Cook, stirring often, until boiling. Stir in rice. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in peppers and sausage mixture; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until sausage is cooked through, peppers are tender-crisp and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with Basil.
- This easy skillet is a great way to use up whatever vegetables you have on hand. If you like, substitute 2 cups (500 mL) of any chopped or sliced raw vegetables you like for the peppers, such as broccoli florets, zucchini, carrots, green beans or asparagus.
- To cut down on sodium, substitute 1lb (454 g) lean ground turkey for the turkey sausage, following first step as directed, breaking up the turkey with a spoon as it cooks.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
This was delicious. I didn't have any 10-minute rice. I used Uncle Ben's Converted Rice and just added a bit more water and cooked it a little longer. I also didn't have any fresh basil so, I added 1 tsp. of dried basil with the soup and water before adding the rice. It turned out perfectly! I'll definitely be making this again!
Colleen B. | November 2, 2020
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox