Pho Ga (Chicken Pho) with Crispy Shallots
This simple Vietnamese soup is comfort food at its best. The hot and cool flavours are all in perfect harmony.
- In small non-stick skillet heat oil on medium heat; cook shallots and garlic until caramelized and golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine lemongrass, ginger, sugar, fish sauce and Pho broth. Cover with a lid and bring to a very gentle simmer. Add chicken and continue to simmer very gently for about 15 minutes
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Rinse well under cold water to prevent sticking and divide between 4 bowls.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the soup and slice. Arrange over noodles with cooked shallots, carrots, and peas.
- Strain soup through sieve into a large measuring cup. Pour over noodles in bowls. Top each with mint, cilantro and chilies. Serve with lime wedges.
Substitute the peas for shelled edamame or frozen broccoli.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready To Use Pho Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox