Polynesian Pork Tenderloin
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•A delicious blend of fresh mushrooms and real cream make it delicious
•Low in fat
•Rich in Vitamin D
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4" (2 cm) thick medallions
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) mixture of orange and green pepper strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can pineapple chunks, packed in juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry, instant precooked whole grain brown rice
- 1/8 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- Brown pork well in heated oil at medium-high heat in large skillet. Remove pork; set aside. Reduce heat to medium. Add pepper strips,onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in soup,pineapple with juice,soy sauce and honey. Return pork to skillet. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until pork is cooked through – about 5 minutes – stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and black pepper. Turn off heat and cover skillet. Let stand 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir gently before serving.
Savoury and sweet flavours working well together! The lighter taste of canned pineapple tidbits,packed in juice,rather than in syrup is a good balance for the savoury pork medallions. Also,juice-packed fruit has considerably less calories and carbohydrates.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox