Instant Pot ® Chicken and Mushroom in Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Turn the pressure cooker to the Sauté function key. Add the olive oil, onions and salt to the pot and cook for 3 minutes, until softened slightly.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, pepper and broth and stir. Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button. Place and lock the lid on, set the Steam Release handle to the sealing position, press Poultry (High Pressure, 15 minutes). After 3 beeps the pressure cooker will start going. Allow the pressure cooker to build up pressure and cook for 15 minutes. Once the timer ends carefully turn the Steam Release handle to venting position for a Quick Release. Allow the pressure to release completely before removing the lid.
- Using a large strainer, scoop out all of the chicken and mushroom contents until you are left with only the liquid in your pot. Set the Instant Pot ® to Sauté, to bring liquid to a boil. Using a microwavable cup melt the butter, add the flour and stir until well blended. Pour into boiling liquid and whisk until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button. Return chicken and mushrooms to the pot, stir in sour cream until well blended. Top with chopped parsley.
- Serve with egg noodles.
- Can substitute for low-fat sour cream for a healthier version.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables; pairs well with broccoli, asparagus or green beans.
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Roasted Garlic Chicken Broth
Too much liquid.
The instructions weren’t given as to how to cut the mushrooms and garlic. I quartered the mushrooms which seemed to work. It also didn’t explain if you were supposed to let the pressure cooker naturally release or do a quick release. I let it naturally release for 5 minutes. I was disappointed the it was more like a soup than a creamy sauce.
Jennifer W. | July 23, 2018
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox