Prime Rib with Red Wine and Shallot Jus
- Pre-heat oven to 475°F (240°C). Pat roast dry with paper towel. Place in high-sided roasting pan bone side down. Brown roast in oven for 15 minutes
- Reduce temperature to 325°F (160°C) and roast for 11 to 12 min/ lb (25 to 27 minutes/kg) for medium-rare. Use a meat thermometer to check doneness. For medium-rare, aim for an internal temperature of 130° to 140°F(54° to 60°C). Place roast on a cutting board and tent with foil.
- Meanwhile, pour off excess fat from pan. Place pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add thyme and ½ cup (125 mL) of broth scraping to deglaze the pan. Cook until most of the broth has evaporated.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch with 2 tbsp. (30 mL) of broth; set aside. Add remaining broth to pan, simmer until reduced by half. Gradually stir in cornstarch mixture into broth and simmer until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Slice roast and serve with jus.
- Allow roast to come to room temperature for 1-hour prior to cooking.
- If desired, season the prime rib with salt before placing in oven.
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Beef Broth With Red Wine
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox