Prime Rib with Red Wine and Shallot Jus
- Cook roast in a roasting pan at 350°F (180°C) until just before desired doneness, approximately 2 hours Remove roast from oven and rest, covered; on a carving board or serving platter.
- While the roast is resting, pour off excess fat from roasting pan and place over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots and sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add thyme and red wine to deglaze pan, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan and simmer until wine is almost cooked dry.
- In bowl, dissolve the corn starch into the warm water. Add beef stock to the pan and simmer until reduced by half. Gradually add corn starch mixture, an ounce or two at a time, until sauce reaches a slightly thickened consistency; it should just coat the back of a spoon.
- Slice roast and serve with red wine and shallot jus.
- PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
- By changing the proportions of red wine to beef stock you can change how pronounced the wine flavor is: more wine will give you a more distinct wine flavor, less will emphasize the natural beef flavor.
- For a heartier, more intense sauce, remove the bones from the roast after cooking and leave them in the pan while the sauce reduces.
- For a more refined presentation pass the sauce through a fine mesh sieve, then spoon over meat.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Beef stock
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox