Quick Chicken & Brown Rice Skillet
This one-skillet dinner has all the benefits of whole grains, chicken and vegetables in one delicious dish. Sesame oil and ginger give this dish an Asian flavour, but you can customize this one-pot meal however you like by simply switching up the seasonings.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring often, for 4 minutes; add garlic and cook, stirring often for 1 minute until chicken is golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in soup, water, soy sauce and ginger. Cook, stirring often, until boiling. Stir in rice. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken mixture; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Stir in peas and broccoli; let stand, covered, 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with green onions and pepper, optional.
- Instead of the snap peas and broccoli florets, use 2 cups (500 mL) of your favourite cooked vegetables, such as sliced peppers or sliced carrots. Just microwave your vegetables in a covered dish with 2 tbsp (30 mL) water on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain off any liquid before continuing.
- If you like, you can replace the quick-cooking brown rice with a 5-grain rice blend (10-minute variety). Follow the first step as directed. In step two, swap in the same measurement of quick cooking 5-grain blend for the quick-cooking brown rice and increase the cooking time to 15 minutes. Continue as directed.
- Cook the broccoli and peas in the microwave while the chicken is cooking to save on time.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox