Rib Stickin’ Bean & Barley Soup
Products you'll need:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 box CAMPBELL'S® Ready to Use Organic Vegetarian Vegetable Broth
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) uncooked pearl barley
- 2 cups (500 mL) firmly packed, chopped fresh spinach leaves
- Ground black pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots,celery and onion. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in broth,beans,tomatoes and barley. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until barley is tender.
- Stir in spinach and season to taste with black pepper. Cook until spinach is tender.
Pearl barley gives a nutty fullness of flavour to soups and stews. It is quicker to cook,with a less chewy texture,than pot barley.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox