Saucy Meatball Subs
These subs are like an Italian twist on Sloppy Joes! Kids will love the saucy meatballs and stretchy cheese.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook peppers and garlic, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add soup, water, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and meatballs; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer 12 minutes or until cooked through and hot in centres. Uncover and simmer 6 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon meatballs and sauce into hot dog buns. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Vary the veggies any way you like! You can swap the peppers with whatever you have on hand, such as chopped carrots, sliced mushrooms and onions.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley or basil for a hit of colour!
- Dont want to make the full amount of subs? Keep some of the meatballs in sauce and toss with hot cooked pasta on another night!
- Lemon juice can be substituted with wine vinegar
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed 50% Less Salt Tomato
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox