Sauteed Pears with Bacon and Mustard
Round out your holiday side dishes with this savoury fruit dish. It’s a great compliment to any roast. If you have any leftovers, toss them in a salad with some arugula or other spicy greens.
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp and fat has rendered out, about 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and remove all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the fat from the pan.
- Add onions and cook over medium high heat until tender crisp and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add pears, rosemary, sea salt and pepper; cook until tender and golden, about 5 minutes more.
- Whisk together broth, vinegar and mustard and deglaze pan, scraping any brown bits. Transfer to platter and sprinkle with walnuts before serving warm or at room temperature.
- If you cant find slab bacon, 6 pieces of strip bacon will be a fine substitute.
- If you do not have walnuts, hazelnut can be substituted in its place.
- This recipe will also turn out delicious using CAMPBELLS® Vegetable Broth!
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox