Sauteed Pears with Bacon and Mustard
Products you'll need:
- 6 oz (170 g) slab bacon, sliced ¼ inch thick, slices cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 ripe but firm Bosc pear, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted walnuts
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp and fat has rendered out, about 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and remove all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the fat from the pan.
- Add onions and cook over medium high heat until tender crisp and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add pears, rosemary, sea salt and pepper; cook until tender and golden, about 5 minutes more.
- Whisk together broth, vinegar and mustard and deglaze pan, scraping any brown bits. Transfer to platter and sprinkle with walnuts before serving warm or at room temperature.
- If you cant find slab bacon, 6 pieces of strip bacon will be a fine substitute.
- If you do not have walnuts, hazelnut can be substituted in its place.
- This recipe will also turn out delicious using CAMPBELLS® Vegetable Broth!
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox