Slow Cooker Carne Asada
This popular Mexican dish slow braised inexpensive cuts of meat in a rich tomato beef broth until it fork tender. Serve it as a taco filling or over steamed rice.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high. Brown beef on all sides, set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, oregano and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper. Cook until onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste.
- Transfer beef to the slow cooker (cut the pieces to fit if necessary) with the onion mixture, tomatoes and their juices, chipotle and broth.
- Cook on high for 12 hours.
- Using tongs, transfer meat to a large bowl; shred with two forks, discarding any large pieces of fat or gristle. Return meat to pot, and simmer on high until sauce is thick, 30 to 45 minutes more. Season, if necessary, with salt and pepper. Use for tacos, or cover and refrigerate, up to 3 days.
Serve the beef on grilled corn tortillas topped with diced avocado, sliced radishes, pickled red onions, crumbled queso and cilantro.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox