Smoky Chicken Pasta
- Heat half of the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium to high heat. Cook chicken, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add remaining oil and mushrooms to pan. Cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until tender. Add garlic and paprika; cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add soup and milk; bring to simmer, stirring often. Return chicken to pan; simmer, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas in last 2 minutes of cooking; drain and return to pan. Add chicken mixture to hot pasta, tossing to coat; stir in parsley.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Peas add a burst of colour. If you dont have them, frozen broccoli or spinach work just as well.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
Smoky but needs to be kicked up a notch!
I followed the recommendations of one of the reviews and added 1/2 cup of dry white wine as well as freshly grated parmesan cheese. It was still a bit on the bland side so I added some red pepper flakes which helped kick it up a notch and paired well with the smoky paprika. Definitely use smoked paprika not the sweet. I think next time I'll try adding in a spoon of cream cheese to give it some extra creaminess. Great weeknight recipe that everyone will be happy with.
Libby M. | July 24, 2020
Good - with some additions
I made this as written (I halved the recipe) but found it lacked acidity. I added the rest of the can of soup, about a 1/2 cup of white wine and served it with fresh ground pepper and a tablespoon of fresh grated Parmesan. It made a big difference and was quite good. If you're making this for kids or teens who like things on the mild side, maybe make it as is. For adults who are a little more adventurous, I recommend the additions I mentioned.
Michelle L. | May 7, 2019
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox