Spicy Southwestern Couscous Salad
Switch up your flavour routine with this Spicy Southwestern Couscous Salad. Featuring black beans, corn, bell pepper, and green onions, create this fresh dish in just 20 minutes! This spiced up salad recipe brings the heat to hearty wheat and veggies, making it perfect for any weeknight and sure to be a yummy hit!
- Combine Campbells Vegetable Broth, couscous, chili powder and salt in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 3 1/2 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside to cool slightly. (Alternatively, bring broth to boil in pot and stir in couscous, chili powder and salt. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes until the broth has been absorbed.)
- Stir in olive oil, black beans, corn, bell pepper and green onions.
- Serve at room temperature or keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime or lemon juice for an added tangy flavour boost. Control how spicy the dish is by increasing or decreasing the amount of chili powder.
- Quinoa, cauliflower, or lentils can be used instead of couscous if a gluten-free recipe is desired.
- Drizzle any dressing on top, such as balsamic vinegar or yogurt dressings.
- Adding other greens, like cucumber, celery or broccoli, will also add texture and crunch to the dish.
- If planning to garnish the salad, adding roasted almonds or toasted pine nuts can bring in the colour, taste and texture.
- If you're not aiming for the dish to be vegetarian, using chicken broth and adding grilled chicken will elevate the dish even more.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are