Super Simple Dhal
This spiced and flavourful lentil curry dish is an easy recipe – it only takes 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook. Once the ingredients are simmered, the room will be flooded with an aromatic smell that you just can't resist! Serve this fragrant vegetarian dish over cooked basmati rice, or on its own with warmed naan bread for a delicious and nutritious lunch.
- In large saucepan, heat Vegetable Oil over medium high heat, cook diced onions until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in curry paste and cook one minute more.
- Pour in Campbells Vegetable broth, red lentils and half of the chopped cilantro, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to boil and reduce heat to maintain a strong simmer. Cook until lentils are tender, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and a dollop of yogurt.
- Serve over cooked basmati rice with sautéed spinach or okra or even on its own with warmed naan bread or roti bread.
- Coconut oil or coconut-milk will add to the texture and taste. Chili powder can also be mixed to make the dish spicy.
- Sautéed veggies such as broccoli or cauliflower can also be served together with the dhal curry.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are