Sweet Chili Salmon and Rice Skillet
Salmon, rice, and Peach Mango Jalapeno Salsa come together in this super simple one-pan main dish that uses just a few ingredients. This delicious skillet may just convert the fish haters in your family.
- Sprinkle salmon all over with chili powder; season as desired. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon, 2 minutes per side, until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the salsa, water, lemon juice and rice; bring to a simmer, stirring often. Stir in rice. Simmer over medium-low heat, covered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Stir half of the green onions into the rice mixture; return the salmon and any accumulated juices to the pan. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes until the salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork and the rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 2 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Serve sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
- Serve with your favourite green vegetable on the side, such as steamed broccoli, sautéed spinach or sugar snap peas.
- This dish has a medium spiciness from the salsa, but if you like it even hotter, sprinkle the salmon with a little cayenne pepper in addition to the chili powder.
Recipe Made With
Pace® Peach Mango Medium Salsa
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox