Sweet Potato Bake with Marshmallow Topping
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Rich and creamy celery flavour
•Made with fresh celery, cream and spices for a delicious flavour
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 2 lb (908 g) sweet potato, peeled and chopped (about 3 medium)
- 1 lb (454 g) Yukon gold potato, peeled and chopped (about 2 medium)
- 1 lb (454 g) butternut squash, peeled and chopped (about 1/2 butternut squash)
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery Soup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ginger root, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) salt and pepper, (each)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups (500 mL) miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- Cook sweet potatoes,Yukon Gold potatoes and squash in a large pot of salted, boiling water until fork tender. Drain well. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Mash until a desired consistency is achieved.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Return empty pot to stove set over medium heat. Add soup, milk, butter, ginger (if using), salt, pepper, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves.
- Cook, stirring, until simmering. Fold in mashed vegetables until just combined. Cool slightly. Stir in beaten egg. Scrape mashed vegetables into buttered 9-inch (2.5 L) square dish.
- Topping: Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows. Toss pecans with brown sugar and butter. Scatter over the marshmallows. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and marshmallows are golden brown.
Cut the squash and sweet potato a little larger than the Yukon Gold potatoes so that they cook in the same amount of time.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||6 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Excellent Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox