Tuna Penne Bake
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Rich and creamy celery flavour
•Made with fresh celery, cream and spices for a delicious flavour
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) uncooked dry penne pasta
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 2/3 cup (165 mL) low fat (1%) milk
- 2 cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) whole grain Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese,
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1 Cracked black pepper for garnish
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and adding peas for last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- Combine in 2 qt (2 L) baking dish, soup, milk, tuna, mustard, lemon juice and half of cheese. Gently stir in pasta, peas and onion-mushroom mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) until bubbling and hot - about 30 minutes.
Looking for healthier ingredient alternatives? Use whole wheat,whole grain or multigrain pasta instead of regular pasta to boost the fibre level. Choose cheese that is lower in fat content.
Ratings & Reviews
Review by janice e.
.....way back, I used to use a package of powdered tuna casserole mix... I absolutely loved it, but it was discontinued....when I saw this, I thought I'd give it a try....OMG!!!.....it tastes exactly like the mix I used!!!...I had tried to create it over the years, and was never successful.....you betcha I will be making this a LOT!!!....thanks soooo much!!!
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fibre||5 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
- One serving of vegetables
- Good source of calcium
- Good Source of fibre
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox